If you’re a fruit lover or have a passion for exotic fruits, you may have come across the passion fruit. This tropical fruit is known for its unique flavor, and it’s a popular ingredient in many recipes. But what do you call passion fruit in Telugu? If you’re curious to know, keep reading!
Passion fruit is known by different names in different languages. In Telugu, it’s called “Krishna Kamala” or “Krishna Phalam.” The fruit is native to South America, but it’s now grown in many parts of the world, including India.
Passion fruit is a small, round fruit that’s about the size of a golf ball. It has a hard, purple outer shell that’s slightly wrinkled. Inside, you’ll find a juicy, yellow pulp that’s filled with black, crunchy seeds. The flavor of passion fruit is sweet and tangy, with a slightly floral aroma.
If you’re wondering how to eat passion fruit, the easiest way is to cut it in half and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. You can eat the seeds as well, but some people prefer to strain them out.
Health Benefits of Passion Fruit
Passion fruit is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Here are some of its health benefits:
– Rich in vitamins A and C, which are essential for skin health
– Contains antioxidants that fight free radicals and reduce inflammation
– High in fiber, which aids digestion and helps regulate blood sugar levels
– May improve sleep quality due to its high content of the sleep-inducing hormone, serotonin
Culinary Uses of Passion Fruit
Passion fruit is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many dishes. Here are some ideas:
– Add passion fruit pulp to smoothies, yogurt, or oatmeal for a tropical twist
– Use passion fruit juice or syrup to make cocktails, such as a Passionfruit Margarita or a Passionfruit Martini
– Make a passion fruit glaze or sauce to serve with chicken, fish, or pork
– Bake a passion fruit tart or cheesecake for a decadent dessert
What is the nutritional value of passion fruit?
Passion fruit is low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. One cup (236 ml) of passion fruit pulp contains:
– Calories: 97
– Protein: 2 grams
– Fat: 1 gram
– Carbs: 23 grams
– Fiber: 24% of the Daily Value (DV)
– Vitamin C: 70% of the DV
– Vitamin A: 30% of the DV
Is passion fruit good for weight loss?
Yes, passion fruit can be a good addition to a weight loss diet. It’s low in calories and high in fiber, which can help you feel full and satisfied. Plus, its sweet and tangy flavor can satisfy your cravings for something sweet without adding too many calories.
What does passion fruit taste like?
Passion fruit has a unique flavor that’s hard to describe. It’s sweet and tangy, with a slightly floral aroma. Some people compare it to a mix of pineapple, mango, and guava.
Can you eat passion fruit seeds?
Yes, you can eat passion fruit seeds. They’re edible and add a crunchy texture to the fruit. However, some people prefer to strain them out before eating.
How do you know when passion fruit is ripe?
Passion fruit is ripe when it turns from green to purple or yellow and the skin becomes slightly wrinkled. The fruit should feel heavy for its size, and it should give slightly when you press it with your fingers.
How long does passion fruit last?
Passion fruit can last for up to two weeks in the refrigerator. However, it’s best to eat it as soon as possible for the best flavor and nutritional value.
Is passion fruit a good source of vitamin C?
Yes, passion fruit is a good source of vitamin C. One cup of passion fruit pulp contains 70% of the Daily Value (DV) of vitamin C.
Is passion fruit a tropical fruit?
Yes, passion fruit is a tropical fruit that’s native to South America. It’s now grown in many parts of the world, including India, Australia, and Hawaii.
– Delicious and unique flavor
– Packed with nutrients and antioxidants
– Versatile ingredient in many dishes
– Look for passion fruit that’s heavy for its size and has a slightly wrinkled skin
– Store passion fruit in the refrigerator for up to two weeks
– Use passion fruit in smoothies, cocktails, sauces, and desserts for a tropical twist
Passion fruit is called “Krishna Kamala” or “Krishna Phalam” in Telugu. It’s a tropical fruit that’s known for its sweet and tangy flavor, and it’s packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Passion fruit can be used in many dishes, from smoothies and cocktails to sauces and desserts. It’s a delicious and healthy addition to any diet!