If you’re a fan of the classic comedy movie “Kingpin,” then you’ll surely know about Roy Munson’s iconic look, which includes his signature costume pants. Whether you’re dressing up for a Halloween party or just want to recreate the look for fun, here’s everything you need to know about getting the perfect Roy Munson costume pants.
1. Get the right pants: The first thing you need to do is find the right pants. Look for a pair of high-waisted, pleated khaki pants that are slightly too short for you.
2. Add suspenders: Roy Munson’s pants are held up by a pair of suspenders. Look for a pair of brown suspenders that match the color of your pants.
3. Wear a blue shirt: Roy Munson always wore a light blue shirt with his khaki pants. Make sure the shirt is tucked in and buttoned all the way up to the collar.
4. Wear a belt: In addition to suspenders, Roy Munson also wore a brown belt with his pants. Make sure the belt matches the color of your suspenders.
5. Wear white sneakers: Roy Munson completed his look with a pair of white sneakers. Look for a pair of simple, classic white sneakers to complete your costume.
6. Add a comb-over: If you want to go all out, you can also style your hair into Roy Munson’s signature comb-over. Use a comb and some hair gel to create the look.
7. Accessorize: To really complete the look, consider adding a few accessories like a wristwatch, a pair of sunglasses, or a bowling ball bag.
8. Practice your Roy Munson impression: Once you’ve got the look down, don’t forget to practice your best Roy Munson impression!
What size pants should I get?
Look for a pair of pants that are slightly too short for you, but make sure they still fit comfortably around the waist.
Where can I find suspenders?
You can find suspenders at most clothing stores, or online retailers like Amazon.
Do I need to wear a specific type of belt?
No, as long as the belt matches the color of your suspenders, any brown belt should work.
Can I wear a different color shirt?
While Roy Munson always wore a light blue shirt, you can certainly experiment with different colors to make the look your own.
Do I need to wear a wig for the comb-over?
No, you can create the comb-over look with your natural hair. If you have shorter hair, you may need to use a bit of hair gel to make it stay in place.
How can I make my Roy Munson costume pants look more authentic?
You can try distressing the pants a bit with sandpaper or scissors to give them a more worn-in look.
Can I wear different shoes?
While Roy Munson always wore white sneakers, you can certainly experiment with different types of shoes to make the look your own.
What if I don’t have a bowling ball bag?
You can always use a regular backpack or duffle bag as a substitute.
The Roy Munson costume pants are a fun and unique costume idea that will make you stand out at any party or event.
1. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and styles to make the look your own.
2. Practice your Roy Munson impression to really bring the costume to life.
3. Have fun with it!
Getting the perfect Roy Munson costume pants is all about finding the right pair of pants, adding suspenders and a belt, wearing a light blue shirt, white sneakers, and accessorizing with a few extra items. Don’t forget to practice your best Roy Munson impression and have fun with it!